英语中“希望”、“祝福”的表达多多,小心不要弄巧成拙
愿你快乐每一天
1. hope
to want something to happen or be true and to believe that it is possible or likely to happen希望;期望;盼望
I hope to see you again in China soon. 我希望不久能再次在中国见到你。
I do hope that my suggestions can be of great help to you out. 我真的希望我的建议能对你有很大的帮助。
I have been hoping for an opportunity to realize my dream to travel around the world. 我一直希望有机会实现我周游世界的梦想。
Let’s forget about the unpleasant past and hope for the best. 让我们忘掉不愉快的过去,期待最好的结果。
I am writing in the hope of getting a job opportunity in a foreign trade company. 我写这封信是希望能在一家外贸公司得到一个工作机会。
I am writing in the hope that you can take me into consideration as a member of your team.
我写这封信是希望你能考虑我成为你的团队中的一员。
祝你开心快乐
2. wish
1) formal if you want to do something or you wish to have it done for you, you want to do it or you want to have it done (正式) 想做(某事);想要(在口语中,人们习惯说want而不是wish)
I wish to see your parents soon. 我想快点见到你的父母。
I wish you to understand my current situation. 我希望你能理解我目前的处境。
You can go anywhere, if you wish. 如果你想去的话,哪里都可以去。
注意:wish sb. to do正确,但是不可以用hope sb. to do!例如:
I hope you to understand my current situation. (x)
Happy Birthday
2) to want something to be true although you know it is either impossible or unlikely 希望(不可能或可能性很小的事成为事实,从句的谓语动词常用虚拟语气)
I do wish (that) my suggestions could be of help to you guys. 我真希望我的建议能对你有所帮助。
She wishes (that) she could be admitted to Tsinghua University this year. 她希望今年能考上清华大学。
How I wish (that) we had known each other 3 years ago. 我多么希望我们三年前就认识了。
3) to say that you hope someone will have good luck, a happy life etc. 祝;祝愿
Wish you well in the new position of the company. 祝你在公司的新职位上一切顺利。
We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. 我们祝你圣诞快乐,新年快乐。
We wish you happiness, good health and a long life. 我们祝你幸福、健康、长寿。
Wishing you the best luck /all the best /every success! 祝你好运/一切顺利/万事如意!
I wish you a happy, wealthy, healthy and pretty year in 2020. 祝你在2020年快乐、富裕、健康、漂亮!
注意:此类祝福须用名词作宾语补足语,这是英语学习者最容易犯的表达错误!例如:
Wish you happy every day! (x)
I wish you are happy every day! (x)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
3. expect
to think that something will happen because it seems likely or has been planned期待;指望;预料;预期;预计
I believe that you can do a great job in the contest and we all expect your wonderful performance. 我相信你可以在比赛中做得很好,我们都期待你的精彩表现。
You are leading such a care-free life. What else can/do you expect? 你过着无忧无虑的生活。你还能指望什么呢?
4. may
to express a wish or hope (正式) 愿某人/某事做某事
May the 2th Art Festival be a complete success! 祝第二届艺术节圆满成功!
Let’s take a moment to pray for the heroes who lost their lives in the fire — may they rest in peace. 让我们为在火灾中丧生的英雄们祈祷,愿他们安息。
May all your dreams come true. 祝你梦想成真!
May our friendship last forever. 愿我们的友谊天长地久。
愿友谊天长地久
5. look forward to
to want/expect it to happen because you think you will enjoy it期望;盼望;期待(to为介词,后接名词或动名词)
Look forward to your arrival. 期待您的到来。
We look forward to hearing from you ASAP. 我们期待着您的尽快回复。
We have been looking forward to cooperating with you. 我们一直期待着与您的合作。
本文由@查理侃英文原创,欢迎关注,带你一起长知识!